As requested by Hobo Bob, here’s my current Lightsworn Ruler deck list.
So, here’s my current take on the deck, keep in mind a couple things:
- This is a deck list made for the January 2014 format, so pay no heed to the restriction numbers in the image. (Dueling Network doesn’t have the updated list as of this article)
- This is by no means my final version of the deck, much of the cards, notably what may seem questionable is still in the testing phases. As the meta pans out, it may change to fight specific decks etc.
- 3 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
- 3 Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
- 1 Shire, Lightsworn Spirit
- 1 Ehren, Lightsworn Monk
- 1 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
- 1 Gragonith, Lightsworn Dragon
- 1 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
- 2 Judgment Dragon
- 1 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
- 1 Dark Armed Dragon
- 2 Eclipse Wyvern
- 3 Darkflare Dragon
- 1 Lightpulsar Dragon
- 1 Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
- 1 Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
- 1 Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
- 1 Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
- 1 Debris Dragon
- 3 Necro Gardna
- 2 Tour Guide From the Underworld
- 1 Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness
- 3 Solar Recharge
- 1 Charge of the Light Brigade
- 1 Allure of Darkness
- 3 Needlebug Nest
Extra Deck: (15)
- 1 Star Eater
- 1 Black Rose Dragon
- 1 Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack
- 1 No.11: Big Eye
- 1 No. 74: Master of Blades
- 1 Constellar Ptolemy M7
- 1 Queen Dragun Djinn
- 1 Diamond Dire Wolf
- 1 Starliege Paladynamo
- 1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
- 1 Lavalval Chain
- 1 Constellar Hyades
- 1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
- 1 Mechquipped Angineer
- 1 Temtempo the Percussion Djinn
This deck has one of those “I don’t have enough space in the deck list column” at a Regional syndrome. There’s a silly amount of one-of’s in the monster section, for obvious reasons.
I’ll just make a quick list of things to note:
- Sacred Sword of Seven Stars is really bad, so if you want to use this deck list, please to not add that card.
- Shire, Lightsworn Spirit is the deck’s Debris Dragon target! I know Shire sucks, but you’re going to want the Debris plays and you’re going to especially want it for later when the Lightsworn Synchro comes out.
- Constellar Hyades can be summoned with 2 Luminas or Lumina + Shire. Hyades can then be overlayed for Constellar Ptolemy M7. This play is only for when you’re in great despair or for killing Ophion.
- Gragonith can be dumped with Darkflare, and that is good.
- Dark Armed Dragon will not happen on its own, it MUST be setup purposefully.
- Don’t Banish your Dragon Rulers you little bumpkin! That is unless you really need Debris Dragon or you will lose if you don’t.
- Also, there are not enough resources to be summoning Dragon Rulers willy nilly every turn! Smart usage is required.
- Do what you must to win the game. This deck approves of the disgusting.
- Have fun, be safe!
Written by: Kyle